Geographic Eligibility (Service Area)
We focus our grantmaking on the following Metro Atlanta counties: Butts, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dekalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding, and Rockdale.
We fund organizations that:
- are classified as a public charity under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service;
- have paid staff; and
- are focused primarily on serving communities in Metro Atlanta.
Types of Funding Support Typically Eligible for Consideration:
- Strategic initiatives that build the capacity of your staff, including administration and direct service staff.
- Capital infrastructure projects critical to achieving your organization’s strategic goals.
- Organizational partnerships and mergers designed to strengthen community impact.
- Requests for early-stage investment in new and emerging program models are sometimes considered if you can demonstrate your project’s impact and a viable plan for financial sustainability.
The Foundation Does Not Fund:
- annual program and operating support
- funds for an organization to decide how to re-grant to other organizations
- tickets to charitable events or dinners
- conferences or seminars
- sponsorship of productions, performances or special events
- legislative lobbying or other political purposes
- requests to retire accumulated debt
- grants or loans to individuals