All grant requests must be submitted over the signature of the organization’s CEO or Board Chairperson.
One copy of the completed grant proposal must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the day of the deadline. Proposals and Letters of Intent should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to submitting a full grant proposal, it is recommended (but not required) that an applicant organization contact the Foundation via a concise letter-of-intent in order to determine the potential eligibility of the request. At this time, the applicant should provide the following information:
- Brief description of the applicant organization and the needs your organization seeks to address through its services and/or programming
- Brief description of the project for which funding is being requested, the total cost of the project and the amount being requested
- A copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) certification letter from IRS.
If the Foundation determines that the proposed project is eligible for consideration, the applicant will be advised that a completed grant proposal will be accepted.
There are no deadlines for submission of a Letter of Intent, but please note that an LOI does not satisfy the requirement that completed grant proposals must be submitted by the published deadlines.
Although the types of documentation needed for adequate consideration of a project may vary, a full grant proposal will generally include the following:
Information on the Applicant Organization:
- Name and address.
- Cover letter signed by the organization’s CEO or Board Chairperson.
- Statement of mission and a brief history of the organization.
- Brief overview of programs, services and people served, including the number of persons served and the racial composition of persons served.
- Description of facilities and staff, including the racial composition of staff.
- Board of Directors roster, including employment affiliation of board members, and overall racial composition of the Board of Directors.
- Current strategic plan.
- As available, any outcome studies on program impact.
- As appropriate, accreditation information on organization and/or programs.
- Current operating budget and a year-to-date financial statement.
- Recent financial audit. (If audit for the most recently completed fiscal year is not yet available, submit an unaudited, year-end financial statement for that year and a financial audit for the previous year.)
- A copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) certification letter from IRS (if not previously submitted with an LOI).
Information on the Proposed Project:
- Why the project is needed and the anticipated impact it will have on the organization, the people that it serves and the community.
- How the project relates to the organization’s strategic plan and priorities.
- Brief overview of project plan and timetable.
- Project budget.
- Summary of funding commitments secured to date for the project.
- Anticipated impact of project on the organization’s future operating budget (i.e., a pro forma that estimates future expenses and revenues).
- Amount of funds requested from this Foundation.
Meetings and site visits will be scheduled with applicant organizations by the Foundation as appropriate.
To be on the agenda for the meeting during:
- June 2022
- October 2022
- February 2023
A completed grant proposal must be received by:
- Monday, April 4, 2022
- Monday, August 1, 2022
- Thursday, December 1, 2022