Prior to submitting a full proposal, it is recommended (but not required) that an applicant organization contact the Foundation via a concise letter-of-intent in order to determine the potential eligibility of the request. At this time, the applicant should provide the following information:
- Brief description of the applicant organization and the project for which funding is being requested.
- Total cost of the project and the amount being requested.
- A copy of the organization's 501(c)(3) certification letter.
If the Foundation determines that the proposed project is eligible for consideration, the applicant will be advised that a full proposal will be accepted.
There are no deadlines for submission of a Letter of Intent.Full Proposal
The Trustees meet quarterly to consider grant proposals. The deadlines for completed proposals are as follows:
PLEASE NOTE: A Letter of Intent does not qualify as having met the deadlines listed below. Only full proposals received by these deadlines will be considered at the Trustee meeting.
|To be on the agenda for the meeting during:||Completed proposals must be received by:|
|April 2018||March 1, 2018|
|July 2018||June 4, 2018|
|October 2018||September 4, 2018|
|January 2019||December 3, 2018|
Applicants are encouraged, however, to submit proposals well in advance of these deadlines.
Although the types of documentation needed for adequate consideration of a project may vary, a full grant proposal will generally include the following:
INFORMATION ON THE APPLICANT ORGANIZATION
- Name and address.
- Statement of mission and a brief history of the organization.
- Brief overview of programs, services and people served, including any outcome studies on program impact.
- Description of facilities and staff.
- Board of Directors roster.
- Copy of the organization's current strategic plan.
- Current operating budget and a year-to-date financial statement.
- Recent financial audit. (If audit not available, an unaudited, year-end financial statement for the most recent fiscal year.)
INFORMATION ON THE PROPOSED PROJECT
- Why the project is needed and the anticipated impact it will have on the organization and the community.
- How the project relates to the organization's strategic plan and priorities.
- Brief overview of project plan and timetable.
- Project budget.
- Summary of funding commitments received to date for the project.
- Anticipated impact of project on the organization's future operating budget (expenses and revenues).
- Amount of funds requested from this Foundation.
Grant requests should be submitted over the signature of the organization's CEO or Board Chairperson.
Meetings and site visits will be scheduled with applicant organizations by the Foundation as appropriate.
Please see our "Contact Information" page for instructions on how to submit a grant request.